Town History

-A A +A
1677 Indian Deed- Contract between the group of twelve Huguenots and the Esopus Indians for roughly 40,000 acres of land that would become the New Paltz Patent. The contract stipulates the goods that the Esopus tribe received for the land, as well as the signatures or marks of all individuals involved in the transaction, including the Esopus sachems.

View the New Paltz Town Records