What is the New Paltz Rescue Squad?
The New Paltz Rescue Squad is your local Emergency Medical Service (EMS) provider who, through contracts with the Town and Village of New Paltz, offers 24-hour Emergency Care and Transportation of sick and injured persons. The Rescue Squad was founded in 1973 and provides both Advanced Life Support (ALS) care and Basic Life Support (BLS) care. The Rescue Squad has been an Advanced Life Support service providing Paramedic level care since October 1987. Our primary geographic operating area includes the Town and Village of New Paltz, the State University of New York at New Paltz, and a 10-mile section of the New York State Thruway. The Rescue Squad began as an all-volunteer organization, remaining so until September 1996. Today, due to significant population growth and travel through our community, in addition to all of our New York State-certified volunteer Paramedics and Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) and volunteer ambulance drivers, the Rescue Squad employs a full-time Chief and several full- and part-time Paramedics and part-time EMTs to provide around-the-clock coverage.
Currently the Rescue Squad operates three ambulances, one ALS emergency service vehicle, and one BLS emergency service vehicle.
News & Announcements
- Part-Time Clerical Position
- Town Board Meetings will be held on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month
- The Town of New Paltz has openings on various Boards, Commissions and Committees. Click here for more information.
- The Town Clerk now accepts credit cards. Click here for more information.
- 2017 Property Tax Bills have been mailed out. If you did not receive yours, please call 845-255-0100, #1.