*Towing Fees: Adopted by the Town Board on 1/5/2015
1. a. Passenger automobiles, sport utility vehicles, light trucks, pickup trucks, vans,
minivans or suburbans.
Accidents, impounds and snow removal.
1. Day: $200
2. Evenings, nights, weekends and holidays: $250.
b. Disabled vehicles
1. Day: $100
2. Evenings, nights, weekends and holidays: $150
c. Tractor trailers and/or any other vehicles with GVWR of
over 50,000 lbs.
1. Day: $350 per hour. Two hour minimum.
2. Evenings, nights, weekends and holidays: $400 per
Hour. Two hour minimum.
2. Additional charges. The licensee shall be permitted to charge additional fees for additional services. Any fees not provided for herein shall be in accordance with the schedule of fees filed with the New Paltz Police Department.
a. Second Truck to assist: (Must be approved by officer at scene)
1. Day: $150
2. Evenings, nights, weekends and holidays: $200
1. Passenger automobiles, sport utility vehicles, light trucks,
pickup trucks, vans, minivans and suburban
a. Day: $125 per hour, chargeable to the ½ hour
b. Nights, weekends and holidays: $175 per hour,
chargeable to the ½ hour.
c. Waiting and/or cleanup time in excess of 15 minutes on scene
1. With standard tow trucks
a. Day $75 per hour
b. Evenings, nights, weekends and holidays: $100 per hour.
d. Mileage. Outside of the Town of New Paltz: $4.50 per loaded mile.
3. “Days” shall mean 8:00am through 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. “Evenings, nights,
weekends, and holidays” shall mean all the other times with “holidays” being those
established by the State of New York.
The licensee agrees to charge a maximum of $65 per day for outside storage and $85 per day for inside storage; provided however that no storage shall be charged if the vehicle is picked up within 24 hours from the time of the call; and provided, further, that no additional storage may be charged from the time the owner of the vehicle contacts the licensee for the purpose of attempting to pick up the vehicle, so long as the owner does pick up the vehicle prior to the end of the next business day of the licensee in which the vehicle was towed. Reasonable charges not to exceed $75 may be imposed by the licensee to enable the owner to pick up the vehicle at other than normal business hours of the licensee. Licensees shall be available to owners desiring to pick up vehicles at least 10 hours per day, Monday through Friday, which hours must include wither 8:00am or 6:00pm, as the licensee shall elect, Saturday, Sunday and holidays excluded; but if a request for pick up is made for Saturday, Sunday and holidays a fee of no more than $75 may be imposed to respond. Hours of availability shall be filed with the New Paltz Police Department.
Heavy-duty storage fee will be a maximum of $100 per day.
Form of payment:
The licensee must accept at a minimum the following forms of payment from a customer: cash and/or Visa/Master Cards.
The charges and fees herein provided may be modified from time to time by resolution of the Town Board of the Town of New Paltz, New York.