Dog Control, Licenses, Redemptions and Rabies Clinic
Dog Control Officer:
Jill Shufeldt (845) 626-5979
As per NYS Law, dogs must be licensed in the Town in which they reside. Proof of current rabies vaccination and proof of spay/neuter is required before a yearly license can be issued. License tags must be worn at all times. *Mail-In license form*
$15.50 for unspayed/unneutered (Seniors 65+: $13.00)
$ 5.00 for a spayed/neutered (Seniors 65+: $2.50)
Checks and Money Orders can be made out to Town of New Paltz.
Town and Village law requires that dogs be on leashes or under voice command. The Town’s Dog Control Officer is Jill Shufeldt and she can be reached at 626-5979.
If your dog is picked up by the Dog Control Officer, a redemption fee must be paid before your dog can be released. The fee for the first offense is $25, second offense is $50, third and subsequent offense is $100.
Laurie Stein, traveling vet from Cornwall visits in the Spring and Fall. Low cost clinics for dogs and cats are held at the Town Highway Garage on Clearwater Rd; from 4-6 p.m. Dates are announced in early April and September.
- Dog Control, Licenses, Redemptions and Rabies Clinic
- Event Request Application (In the Town only)
- Freedom of Information Application
- Games of Change/Bingo/Bell Jar
- Hunting & Fishing Licenses
- Obtaining a Marriage License
- Parade Request Application
- Peddler Permit Application
- Town & County Property Taxes
- United States Postal Service Resolution
- Vital Records
- Water & Sewer Utility Billings