Marriage Transcripts/Certified Copies for couples whose licenses are filed in the Town of New Paltz are available for a $10 fee (cash, check or money order made out to Town of New Paltz). A request form is required along with a photocopy of photo id and a self-addressed stamped envelope (if not appearing in person). *Application for Marriage Record*
Birth & Death Certificates:
Birth and Death Certificates for individuals who were physically born or died in the Town or Village of New Paltz are filed in the Town Clerk's Office. Transcripts are available to those who qualify, for a $10 fee (cash, check or money order, made out to Town of New Paltz) and must be accompanied by a request form and photocopy of photo id, proper documentation, as well as a self-addressed stamped envelope (if not appearing in person). *Application for Birth Record* *Application for Death Record* The purpose or reason for the request must be specific with as much detail as possible.
The Town Clerk's Office can also provide Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates for Genealogical Purposes. The fees for these records vary depending on the number of years searched. The application must be accompanied by a photocopy of photo id, as well as a self-addressed stamped envelope (if not appearing in person).
Information may be released for genealogy research subject to the following requirements:
- No information shall be released from a sealed birth certificate;
- the birth certificate has been on file for at least 75 years.
- The death certificate has been on file for at least 50 years and;
- The person to whom the birth certificate relates is known by the applicant to be deceased.
- The marriage certificate has been on file for at least 50 years; and
- The bride and groom are known by the applicant to be deceased.
*Application for Genealogy Record* The purpose or reason for the request must be specific with as much detail as possible.
The associated fees cover the search for the record(s). If the record is found, a transcript/copy will be issued. If the record is not found, a “No Record Certification” will be issued.
Due to the confidential nature of all vital records, certified copies and certified transcripts may only be issued to certain individuals and therefore additional documents may be needed. Before completing the application, please contact the Town Clerk’s office to determine eligibility.
Absolutely no information regarding Vital Records will be given over the phone.
For more information, visit the New York State Department of Health's website at: http://www.health.ny.gov/.
- Dog Control, Licenses, Redemptions and Rabies Clinic
- Event Request Application (In the Town only)
- Freedom of Information Application
- Games of Change/Bingo/Bell Jar
- Hunting & Fishing Licenses
- Obtaining a Marriage License
- Parade Request Application
- Peddler Permit Application
- Town & County Property Taxes
- United States Postal Service Resolution
- Vital Records
- Water & Sewer Utility Billings